What This Initiative Is About
Are you ready for the most exciting, fun, entertaining, refreshing, enjoyable and memorable team bonding experience your organization will ever undergo?
Are you looking to takeaway great learnings and practical applications from a world class team building program?
Also, are you looking for a great retreat that simultaneously produces a visible and positive difference in staff motivation, morale and performance at work?
Well, look no further, Adventures On The High Seas will deliver on all this and more while taking your team on an accelerated path through the FORMING, STORMING, NORMING, PERFORMING and TRANSFORMING Stages of team building and team bonding.
It is everything you can ask for in A World Class Team Bonding Experience so let’s get started right now!
What You Can Expect
A ground breaking, absolutely unique, expertly researched & created, world class, professionally delivered initiative, which will address your specific needs and benefit you for a lifetime.
How This Initiative Is Conducted
This perspective shaping initiative is expertly run as a series of …
Interactive games & exercises
Thought provoking debriefs
Open questions & answer sessions
Relevant case studies
Day 1 Outline- (4 hour session)
Bon Voyage - The Start Of Your High Seas Adventure
The Sailing Solo Through Life Game
• An Ice Breaker Game in which all participants are given an objective to be met and will have to compete with each other to meet that objective, resulting in much chaos, fun and adventure. Ultimately someone will win and everyone else will lose. The game will showcase the consequences when everyone plays solo and only looks after their own interest.
The Perfect Storm - Sailing Through Choppy Waters As A Team
Meeting The Perfect Storm Game
• A game in which all participants will encounter a scenario that will challenge them. As they play the game they will fast start to realise that the only way to overcome this challenge is go through the FORMING Stage and get themselves into teams so that they can approach the challenge with a collective effort. The participants who get into teams will fast enjoy the thrills of winning and those who continue to play the game solo will learn the value of working in teams.
Master and Commander - Stepping Up As A Leader
Who Is The Master And Who Is The Commander Game
• A team game through which the teams will experience the STORMING Stage
where they will be required to bring up different ideas that will compete for consideration. The Masters and The Commanders will be identified as the addresses issues such as what problems they are really supposed to solve, how they will function independently and together and what leadership model they will accept. Through this activity team members will have to open up to each other and confront each other's ideas and perspectives and themselves too.
Treasure Island - Searching For Sunken Treasure
The Searching For Sunken Treasure Game
• A fun, highly interactive and exciting activity in which participants will be given cryptic clues in the form of riddles along with a map of the ship. They will them have to work in teams to search for sunken treasure hidden all over the ship. Before other pirates discover and take the treasure for themselves.
Day 2 Outline - (3 hour session)
Mutiny On The Bounty - Facing And Overcoming Adversity
Leadership Lessons From The Mutiny On The Bounty Movie
• At some point, team have to go through the NORMING Stage. In this stage
team members will have to learn how to adjust their behaviour to each other as they develop work habits that make teamwork seem more natural and fluid. Team members often work through this stage by agreeing on rules, values, professional behaviour, shared methods, working tools and even taboos. During this phase, team members begin to trust each other. Through this movie, participants will explore the elements that destroy teams and the kind of leadership required to overcome challenges.
O Captain! My Captain! - Carpe Diem! Seize The Day!
Living Every Moment Like It Was Your Last Exercise
• For teams to succeed all teams need to get to the PERFORMING Stage as soon
as possible. Through a series of interactive demonstrations and exercises all participants will realise the crucial relationship between team performance and individual performance towards getting an excellent job done. They will recognise the value of getting the job done smoothly and effectively without inappropriate conflict or the need for external supervision. Team members will learn the value of moving from independence to interdependence and appreciate one another.
Sailing Into The Sunset - Living Your Life As You Would Like To Be Remembered
The How You’d Like To Be Remembered Exercise
• An individual focused exercise in which participant will go through their
personal TRANSFORMING Stage and will make Professional Proclamations,
Professions and Promises that will boost their performance at work and
fulfilment in life.
On The High Seas
Your Chief Facilitator - Manoj Sharma
Who is Manoj Sharma?
Manoj Sharma is just a human being, doing his best to make a small difference in the world.
Professionally, Manoj Sharma is the CEO of CusJo.com, a smart survey + A.I. company that assists enterprises with their talent optimisation, customer experience and market research analytics needs.
Manoj Sharma holds a B.Sc. Economics (Hons) Banking & Finance. He started his career as a Special Events Manager for the Walt Disney Co. He continued, as a Group Business Development Director for eGuide a tech startup which was sold for SGD 23.5 million. He was subsequently the CEO of DifferWorld and the Singapore Service Academy for more than 10 years. He has advised more than 300 large public and private organisations, assisted them with their organisational and professional development needs, as well as delivered keynotes and facilitated programs globally for more than 110,000 people. He considers this to be an absolute privilege.
Manoj sits on various committees. In 2003 he was invited by SPRING Singapore to advice on how to grow Singapore’s entrepreneurship landscape and subsequently sat of the Board of the Action Committee for Entrepreneurship. In 2012, he was invited by the Singapore Kindness Movement to conceptualise the framework for Kindness@Work, a national initiative designed to create a more gracious society starting with the CEOs of large organisations. Outside of his roles with the aforementioned organisations, he is highly active in the international start-up scene, as an investor, speaker, judge and thoroughly delights in mentoring entrepreneurs from around the world.
In his free time, Manoj enjoys playing a round of golf with his buddies. As for the future, Manoj looks forward to continue to contribute to society, to the best of his abilities.
Our Public Sector Clients
Our MNC & SME Clients